Updated: Mar 23, 2021
Herbal Choco Swirl Tira-Miss-U
The most important journey one can ever make in his/her lifetime is one from the head to the heart
...and may you always live & lead with your heart ❤️
Whether you are celebrating today with a loved one, your family or your bestie, here is a fun recipe that’s easy to make (fun to style for the ‘gram too!).
Plant-based, contains herbs reishi, astralagus root & goji berries, easy to prepare.
serving size: 2
For the mascarpone ‘cheese’:
▢ 3/4 cup (approx 180 -200ml) plantbased milk of choice (we used soy milk)
▢ 1/4 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
▢ lemon zest (make sure to wash the lemon really well beforehand!)
▢ 1 teaspoon Radiance (dried loose blend)
For the base:
▢ cookie/biscuit of choice ( we used vegan digestive biscuits)
▢ slices of raisins & dates
▢ rum (I used Cuban rum)
For the chocolate swirl:
▢ vegan chocolate (I think dark is best)
▢ for a little added zest, add a little pinch of chilli powder
To make the base:
01. In your container of choice (I used my little tea cup), smash two biscuits into the base of the cup.
02. Add the small slices of raisins & dates
03. Add one-two teaspoons of rum
To make the mascarpone vegan cheese:
01. Lightly boil on low heat the dairy-free milk, Radiance, maple syrup, lemon zest, in a small saucepan.
02. Let it simmer lightly for 5 minutes, stir occasionally, and strain loose Radiance blend herbs and lemon zest from the herbal mascarpone cheese mixture.
03. Add for cornstarch a little at a time and using a fork or hand whisk, mix in the cornstarch lightly. Remember to add the cornstarch a little at a time to avoid clumping and to also allow you to gage how much cornstarch to add. I generally use up to 2 -3 tablespoons, let the mixture simmer until it’s thick in consistency.
04. Pour mascarpone cheese filling into the base.
05. Refrigerate for a bit while you prepare the chocolate swirl
To make chocolate swirl:
01. In a small pan, fill it with a little water and bring to simmer.
02. Using a heat -resistant bowl, place your slices of dark chocolate & chili powder into the bowl and place the bowl in the middle of the small
03. Lightly stir as the chocolate melts
04. Pour chocolate into a small serving cup (preferably with a spout)
05. Remove the tea cups from the fridge and gently pour melted chocolate into the vegan mascarpone cheese filling.
06. Using a chopstick (the skinnier end of it), lightly make beautiful swirls into the mixture.
07. Return tea cups into the fridge for at least 2 hours and serve with a pot of herbal tea.
Enjoy with your loved ones over beautiful conversations (best without your mobile phones)!